CBSE Board Exams 2022 Latest News: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday announced its special assessment scheme for Class 10 and Class 12 board examinations for 2021-22 session. In an official release, the board said that the academic session will be divided into two terms while the syllabus will be rationalised.
CBSE’S SPECIAL SCHEME
‘Academic session to be divided into two terms’
According to the CBSE, the syllabus for the academic session 2021-22 will be divided into two terms by following a systematic approach by looking into the interconnectivity of concepts and topics by the subject experts and the board will conduct examinations at the end of each term on the basis of the bifurcated syllabus. This is done to increase the probability of having a board conducted classes 10 and 12 exams at the end of the academic session.
‘Syllabus to be rationalised’
The syllabus for the Board examination 2021-22 will be rationalized similar to that of the last academic session to be notified in July 2021. For academic transactions, however, schools will follow the curriculum and syllabus released by the Board dated 31 March 2021. Schools will also use alternative academic calendar and inputs from the NCERT on transacting the curriculum. the CBSE said.
‘More credibility in internal assessment’
Efforts will be made to make Internal Assessment/ Practical/ Project work more credible and valid as per the guidelines and Moderation Policy to be announced by the Board to ensure fair distribution of marks.
OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS
- The CBSE has asked schools to continue teaching in distance mode till the authorities permit in-person mode of teaching in schools.
- Classes IX-X: Internal Assessment (throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II) would include the 3 periodic tests, student enrichment, portfolio and practical work/ speaking listening activities/ project.
- Classes XI-XII: Internal Assessment (throughout the year-irrespective of Term I and II) would include end of topic or unit tests/ exploratory activities/ practicals/ projects.
- Schools would create a student profile for all assessment undertaken over the year and retain the evidences in digital format. CBSE will facilitate schools to upload marks of Internal Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
- Guidelines for Internal Assessment for all subjects will also be released along with the rationalized term wise divided syllabus for the session 2021-22.The Board would also provide additional resources like sample assessments, question banks, teacher training etc. for more reliable and valid internal assessments.
WHEN AND HOW WILL EXAMS BE CONDUCTED
As per CBSE’s official order, the term one exams will be held in November-December, 2021 while the second term exams will be conducted in March-April, 2022.
TERM I EXAMS
- At the end of the first term, the Board will organize Term I Examination in a flexible schedule to be conducted between November-December 2021 with a window period of 4-8 weeks for schools situated in different parts of country and abroad. Dates for conduct of examinations will be notified subsequently.
- The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) including case-based MCQs and MCQs on assertion-reasoning type. Duration of test will be 90 minutes and it will cover only the rationalized syllabus of Term I only (i.e. approx. 50% of the entire syllabus).
Question Papers will be sent by the CBSE to schools along with marking scheme.
The exams will be conducted under the supervision of the External Center Superintendents and Observers appointed by CBSE.
The responses of students will be captured on OMR sheets which, after scanning may be directly uploaded at CBSE portal or alternatively may be evaluated and marks obtained will be uploaded by the school on the very same day. The final direction in this regard will be conveyed to schools by the Examination Unit of the Board.
Marks of the Term I Examination will contribute to the final overall score of students.
TERM II/YEAR END EXAMS
- At the end of the second term, the Board would organize Term II or Yearend Examination based on the rationalized syllabus of Term II only (i.e.
- approximately 50% of the entire syllabus).
- This examination would be held around March-April 2022 at the examination centres fixed by the Board.
- The paper will be of 2 hours duration and have questions of different formats (case-based/ situation based, open ended- short answer/ long
- answer type).
- In case the situation is not conducive for normal descriptive examination a 90 minute MCQ based exam will be conducted at the end of the Term II also.
- Marks of the Term II Examination would contribute to the final overall score.